I tried to keep Maia away from this consumer nightmare (not to mention the sexism, ageism, and racism that go along with it). However, my hopes were slowly taken away by friends, neighbors, and doting grandparents. Over time, I allowed more and more into my kids lives (mostly because I had no choice), but I was still resistant. And then came the news…my parents were taking us to DisneyWorld and on a Disney Cruise!
We have been back for a little over a week. Though my disdain for Disney’s marketing practices and overt –isms still lingers, I must admit, I had the most incredible time. So here it is...my personal endorsement for Disney.
Disney...
A place where a girl can turn into a princess
And dine with them too.
A place where you can fly with Dumbo
And get eaten by a great white!
A place for a first bee sting
And a first flush.
A place for bravery (Maia is in there somewhere)
And little laughs that make your heart melt.
A place where families can come together

And have fun together too.
A place where magic happens
And smiles are made.
Thank you, Rick and Joan for taking us on this wonderful vacation! We are already thinking about when to go back! We love you!
And finally, an exclusive joke made-up by Maia:
What is a mermaid’s favorite vitamin? Vitamin ‘C!’
If you would like to see more of our photos, click here.
2 comments:
That was a very entertaining post! Tyler and I laughed out loud quite a bit. My favorite pictures are of Maia in front of the castle and the bee sting. Classic!
Love your post and LOVE the pictures! the picture of Maia with Tink on her finger is adorable! and Akai in his life jacket is priceless :)
Post a Comment