| From 12 February 2008 |
I have to say that I am so proud of Maia! She had her first ‘wet the bed’ experience this last weekend. Although, this is not ideal, I cannot believe that she has not done it sooner and more frequently! I mean she is a little over 2.5 years and she has not wet her bed! How awesome is that!!!
She has also been a great listener, she behaves very well, knows how to count to 20, uses a more extensive vocabulary than I (exquisite, seek out, gaze), eats almost everything, and jokes constantly! She has exceeded our expectations in a child. We are so lucky to have her in our family!!!
Monday, I got to spend some one on one time with her before the baby is born. What fun. She definitely has her own unique personality. She is inquisitive—asking why about everything, she tests her limits—just like her mother, she is forever clumsy—goes from standing to falling flat on her face, she is very sensitive to other people and their feelings, and she loves to play jokes—“that’s what I’m talkin’ about.”
It will be interesting to see how this baby is different. I don’t know if I have said this, but there are quite a few differences that I have noticed already. Maia was quite interactive when she was inside me, poking back when poked, while Akai likes his space. Maia was much smaller, Akai is expected to be 1 to 2 lbs heavier than she was when she was born. Maia was awake during the day, Akai is awake at night.
I guess we will see the phenotypical differences soon enough. Anybody have a guess on when this one is coming out??? I have no clue. I keep feeling like it will be the 11th-13th, but your guess is as good as mine…
3 comments:
I can't believe how big she's getting, and so smart! Love the back in time pic.
It really is true, Maia is amazing! I doubt my kids will ever be as cute or as smart or as behaved...duh they will be a combo of Nate and I, sounds scary! I can't believe the new baby will be coming any time now. I hope all goes well!
I can't guess, but I can't wait!
Post a Comment