Well, I made a trip from Bloomington (MN) to Bloomington (IL) to visit my good friends Nick, Chasity, and Corbin. It was a fun and relaxing trip that allowed me to see a part of the country that I have never been to.
We hiked around in the beautiful forest at Funk’s Grove and tried some great local food. I had what is called a horse shoe. No, it has (as far as I know) nothing to do with having a horse step in it, but it is a sandwich with fries and cheese piled on top. Independent of the potential health risks associated with consuming one of these, they’re actually not bad—I know what you’re thinking and I wouldn’t want to try one either (especially after I heard the name of them and then the description) but they are worth trying [once].
Things have been so action packed here that I haven’t had much time (rather, any time) to blog and, once again, I am sitting in an airport blogging. This time, however, it is Chicago Midway International Airport. It is an interesting airport in that it is in the middle of a suburb. Something about landing/taking off in the middle of a neighborhood freaks me out. Combine the location with the semi-chaotic (contradiction of terms?) weather, and it has been an interesting experience.
Being away from my family has been so difficult! It has been a serious struggle while I am away from them. While it has been really fun out here, I am really excited to get back home to Ashley, Maia, and Kona. I took a few pictures while out here and I’ll post them later.
I am so fortunate to have a family that tolerated my leave and I really appreciated the time off. THANKS ASHLEY & MAIA!!
~B
P.S. Here’s a tip for traveling solo- When you get to your seat in the airplane, be sure to pull the arm rest down first thing. The person sitting next to you may not do it and by the time you want to do it, they’ve already capitalized on the valuable real estate in the middle (that’s right, I’m talking about you 21E…).
1 comment:
I am so glad you made it to all the Bloomingtons, but you missed the best one! Ha ha. I am glad you had fun and will be seeing your family soon.
Post a Comment