01 June, 2012

A Few Hikes

My goal for the summer is to go on a hike every week. Here are a couple of pics from our hikes. This is a pic from a 4 mile hike/walk the kids and I took through Tanner Park. Maia walked the entire way and I was very impressed and she was very proud afterwards.
The day after we got back from Hong Kong, I took the dogs on a much needed hike on the Pipeline Trail up Millcreek Canyon. They had a ton of extra energy that they needed to get out. The elevation was something to get used to for me after 2.5 weeks at sea level. It reminded me how while I love Hong Kong, you can't get scenery like that.
I hiked up Neff's Canyon with the pups. The temperature was pretty cool, but that made the hike nice and quiet. I found out Annie doesn't like getting her feet wet and that she is very photogenic. I kept trying to get pictures of Lani, but she is not so photogenic.
We hike along Bonneville Trail. The flowers were beautiful! We also found a little friend along the way...
Memorial Day, I took the kids up behind Red Butte Garden. The kids loved it! They started crying when I told them that we needed to turn around and head back. They were having a great time playing 'mountain goats.' One of the pictures is of them baaing very loudly on a rock. I think we went about 3-4 miles.

No comments: