11 July, 2012

7.11.12

As today is 7.11, I took the kids to get free Slurpees at 7-11. Yes, me, Ashley. I gave my two children a pure sugar drink. This doesn't seem too bad as they announced that they get a popsicle everyday at their grandparents home. (Thanks for always supporting our wishes for our kids, guys)! They seemed to enjoy them, although, Akai didn't finish his. We find that this is typical for our kids--they are excited to get junk food, but don't always like eating it. They definitely prefer the healthy stuff! Maia went on a field trip to Red Butte Garden with the JCC Summer Camp and had a blast playing with new friends, whose names she can't remember, in the children's garden. Akai also went to summer camp, today. He is still crying at drop-off, but Ben says that he is getting better. He says that he does have fun even though he doesn't want to go to school. Today, he said that he played with the monster trucks! I was busy with meetings and may have established the 2nd PGL cell line in the world! I also went to boot camp for my first time since my surgery (tubal ligation). Ben has been busy trying to figure out why his qPCR reaction is boiling. Erg. Finally, we got some exciting news! Nate and Stacy are having a boy! They will name him William Tab George. So, cute! Last Monday, I went for a jog up Millcreek with the dogs. It was 103F in SLC, but it seemed cool up in the canyon and I chose a the solitude. On our way, I found my first rubber boa of the year. Suprisingly, it was green instead of the usual brown. For those of you who aren't aware, rubber boas are one of the most docile snakes. They crawl into mouse holes and distract the mother mouse with their round head-shaped tails and eat the pinkies with their unusually small heads. Very cool. While we were there, a very stupid squirrel jumped right in front of the dogs, which they enjoyed chasing until it ran up another tree.
A funny picture I took...
Sunday, we also saw amazing sights on a hike. We saw a lizard run across a path, a GIGANTIC ant, tons of diverse butterflies, and former Mayor Rocky Anderson. It was a fun hike. So far we have done pretty well with my goal of 1 hike a week.

2 comments:

Em and Ty said...

Loving all these updates! Rick and Joan said they had such a good time with you all in the Canyons. And I love the pic of the dogs:)

sng said...

I really enjoyed this post. Sounds like work and all else is going great! P.S. Way to keep up on your goals, I have a hard time even making goals to keep. Love you!