06 April, 2010

So Sick

I just woke up from a four hour nap and my temperature is still 100.5F! At least it is down 1.5 degrees since yesterday. And, who knows how many since Sunday night when I was moving my head back and forth and back in forth in pain. Since I was shivering uncontrollably under a stack of blankets. Since I was laughing insanely at the most unhilarious situations a brain can conjure.
I remember the last time that I felt this way. I was in highschool. I had such a high fever that I had hallucinations and ate a popsicle and fell asleep without brushing my teeth *gasp*. (For those of you who don't know, I am a huge stickler when it comes to brushing teeth).
Now, I am coughing and have not had a desire to eat much beyond popsicles. Not good, since I absolutely should not take any more days off of work! I hope that my temp will be down another 1.5 degrees tomorrow *crossing fingers pessimisticly).
This illness has come at a time when Akai and my mother-in-law are sick with the same thing, Ben is just getting over it, and my mother has some sort of upset stomach and threw her back out. Not so convenient. Lucky for me, my dear, sweet Lois has selflessly cared for the children for the last two days so that I can rest. She was with them 10 hours, yesterday! I owe so much to her for this and every other extrememly wonderful thing that she does for us.
On the bright side, this illness has brought me some much needed humility. Just last week when Ben took one and a half days off of work for what we can tell is the same illness, I told him to man it up and get over it. (He was still making dinner for the family and taking care of the kids at this time). While he has not said a word about it and has been extremely compassionate towards me, I have felt very guilty. As I should. He is perhaps the most wonderful man in the universe. Where does that leave me...lucky! I love you, Ben!

2 comments:

sng said...

That sounds miserable! But I have to be honest, I am glad I am not around all you sickness carriers! I hope you all start feeling better soon!

Em and Ty said...

Feel better! We've been sick here too but maybe it was just allergies. You guys had it much worse so we can't complain!