17 March, 2010

Has anybody else heard of WWOOF?

Do you know anyone who has done it?

http://www.wwoof.org/index.asp

3 comments:

Claire and Jesse said...

Jesse and I have heard of WWOOF and have been considering doing it sometime in the future (when we can afford to travel again). I don't know anyone who has done it although there might be some people in Jesse's department who have. I think it seems like a great program. We may have met some people in South America who did it as well. Are you guys looking into it for when you travel?

Ben and Ashley said...

I like the idea of working on a farm and have considered 'going rural' several time. Problem is, I like both extremes-farm to city. I think that it would be nice to give back to the community that I was visiting and definitely a cheap way to travel. Also, may help my kids get to know a different sort of lifestyle. I worry that some of the locations may not be completely safe, though. You never know where you are going to end up and if you get into a bad situation in a country where the police will take you to jail....well, you can see how that might be a little scary.

Rat Tyla said...

Em and I want to buy a tree farm some day...Why do we all want to be rural?